Akonia Holographics is the world leader in systems and materials for holography. Akonia has demonstrated holographic HoloMirror™ display elements whose attributes exceed those of any other commercial technology. The Akonia HoloMirror™ technology will enable headsets that are thin, transparent & light-weight, while achieving high FOV with low manufacturing cost.
Akonia resources include:
- Over 140 patents pertaining to holographic systems and materials
- An employee roster that includes many of the inventors of those patents
- Several HoloMirror™ manufacturing setups
- Functional demonstration devices
- In-house media development capability
- Proprietary high-performance media manufacturing equipment
Akonia’s additional R&D activities include:
- GRIN and 3D optics
- Tunable laser development
Ultimately, these technologies can be leveraged to improve the size, cost & performance of future head-worn Augmented Reality hardware.